It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: General QnA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:12 pm 

Last edited by bkh07 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:30 pm 

In an effort to steer things back on course and on topic, I would place my vote with a Holy Sons release of new material. Survivalist Tales was just so damn good, I can't wait to see where the music will take things next. That being said, a release along the lines of Decline of the West II sound absolutely enthralling too. Can't wait, either way!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 pm 

is all gravy baby...

yo grails! being the rabid grailsinite that i am, i find myself scouring the web late at night in hopes of a tiny morsel of unheard grails vibrations and well i stumbled across a few minutes of unfamiliar groove.

example 1:

at around 2:30, right after take refuge, senior bassman starts plodding some real deep bass and then the guitars come in like dinosaurs riding motorcycles through the sky....

so whats the deal? is this a glimpse of something new or just a on the road jammer??

thank you kindly in advance.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 am 

Ahh, I remember that. I think it's just a new extended outro to Take Refuge. Man, that video takes me back, that Montreal show back in April is definitely in my top few shows of all time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 am 
Site Admin

the answer!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-k6lzkeMDo&feature=related[/youtube]

10-4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:52 pm 

Qn: is the 2nd installment of coming up?

An: ______

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

...with the market the way its going,, most of my backburner ideas on pressing up vinyl of the old holysons records are not going to happen for a long long time... so I'm starting to pump up the bandcamp page into something special/unique... I'm trying to think of everything of interest to post up there - LBX messaged me and came up with some bitchin' ideas about posting all the rare Compilation tracks which I should've thought of,,-- I'm uploading "Staying True to the Ascetic Roots" now,,, I think I'll do a "best of" combination of Lost Decade and Enter the Uninhabitable and hunt down a couple random/rare old tracks for the "Unreleased from the 90's" page... there IS more Decline outtakes!!,, but since it would take more time and effort to dig them out/refine their mixes, I'm still tempted to actually make a Decline pt.II ... unfortunately I wouldn't be able to afford making it until... I don't know when... its really the kind of record we should find a small vinyl label for but I haven't been networking in that zone for a good while so I'm just going to get back to the other work I have to do for right now... we're mastering the Grails side-project record now and we're fricking proud of it!,,, we'll have a release schedule for that and the Om record in a couple months from now.... otherwise,, Alex is looking thru old files for a couple ultra-rare live Grails moments from long ago for the Grails bandcamp page,,,.. more soon// 10-4!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:54 pm 

Any scheduled Om, Grails or Holy Sons shows on the east coast during '12?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am 
Site Admin

HolySons and Grails won't be able to tour this year,,, but both will release some form of 'retrospective' records - Om will be hitting most parts of the globe -- there'll be a lot of new material this year from all 4 bands though,,, I'm still really hoping to match the 6 record year of 2009... we'll see///'twill be a challenge! 10-4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm 

I liked the b-sides you put up. Chords of Fame, particularly. Any more stuff from that era?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next