It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Problem.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 pm 

So here it comes- the inevitable caterpillar example. If the worm inside the chrysalis was society, and was aware of the bizarre transformations happening to it, it would during the intermediary phase between worm and butterfly, think that everything was falling apart. "Holy shit my segments are melting! Oh Fuck my Mandibles just turned to soup!" But as the thing reconstituted itself into a butterfly it might be able to recognize the beginning of wings and thing "I think I might be able to fly soon!" Thats where we are with technology.

I think we are on the verge of some sort of neural interface that uses supercomputers to perfectly mimic reality giving us the ability to go into virtual worlds indistinguishable from this one. The same technology would also allow humans to experience each others subjective consciousness allowing for pure technological empathy, and for information transfers unencumbered by language or symbol systems.

So I'm looking forward to that. Mainly for the pussy, ya'll!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:33 pm 

[quote="unconfused" the universe may not really give a shit about you...
...everybody talks about the modern situation,, everybody's whining about the kids and how they don't 'get it',, ...but what do those people get exactly?... we're all trapped in being just another 'in my day' guy... how can you be fair to youth?,, how can you avoid the temptations of bitterness when you witness the totally spiritually aimless confusions running rampant in the streets?...

i think...
our "modern" society indeed stepped in some kind of evolvement.
technology and fast reproduction of our images lead to some kind of deliberation from our subjects.
the image itself had always a represential function in our society....
all of those images (2d paintings not included) refer to pixels and points. it is very hard to refer to some kind of origin within them. there is something that vilem flusser would call 0 dimensionally. those pictures rely on something out of our 3d dimension. since there is only a virtual point that our perception is based on, we are confronted with a change of perspective. comparable to a buddhist view we could say, people are having a state of mind that is comparable to sunyata. we are able to switch between subject and object. we can watch ourself on a photograph for example. but we are not able to manifest any of those pictures in our real world, it is technically not possible to refer to an actual "real" object. subject-object relations are confused. and it took some monks years to discover that. now it happens to tons of people by technological substitution....

so what happens if a main part of population is forced to live in an englightened state?
most of us get crazy anyway...those of us who have experienced it as an sensegiving gift through experience are able to switch and decide on values easily.... but all the others?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:43 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 pm 

"The Problem" for me is that I can't find any other musicians with the relentless, modern, and dare I say, literary, pessimism of Holy Sons.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:52 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:04 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:57 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:00 am 

An old writing of mine when I moved back to Boston. Things were 'fresh' then...

1/15/09
So here I am. I’ve landed in Boston and have been here since Sunday. Today is Thursday. It’s a bit past 5pm and I am inside the Harvard Coop in Harvard Square. It’s been four days of trying to find a job. I haven’t seemed to have much luck so far. A few resumes have been passed into various record stores and applications are in at a few other places. Hoping for the best…
Money dwindles by the day and I’m trying to keep hope. Ive left school so my future is not as secure, but one thing I have learned in my life thus far, is that I have never been one to follow the paths that are expected of me.
It’s hard to tell if there is an overall depression in this city or if it is just my perception of how things seem to be. Lots of people are hurting with money. Businesses as well as the individual all seem to be treading very softly, not knowing what the future brings. I’ve noticed much more controversial and negative ad campaigns towards Obama recently now that he is going to be going into office. It’s funny because 2 months ago, the majority of these people couldn’t stop talking about his positive attributes. Now that they got what they want, they need something new to complain about. People are interesting like that. We always need something to fight against.
Now…Even though the struggle is apparent in these streets across the country, I still walk by stores selling $180 sneakers and $200 designer jeans. We are the largest body of selfish consumerists. Take 5 bucks off of the bill you bought your shoes for and give it to the homeless man outside and watch his face light up. See how much your change can do to a man less financially fortunate. Do you really need those flashy shoes? So openly most sacrifice their humanity and compassion to buy in on ignorance and selfishness. But these people almost feel as if they need these images to survive. The public eye bears down on them with unbearable strength. Creating paranoia and an overall neurotic outlook. Self-image, consumerism, wastefulness, selfishness, ignorance; they run rapid in this city; in this world. But with these things there must be an opposite. A balance. There are the positives, there are the possibilities as well.
The problem lays within communication and understanding between all people. Age groups, races, religions, classes. So many divides between all of humanity as a whole. But there must be that one harmonious and communing factor that unites us all. Something that every last person on this planet can believe and deeply feel within themselves, collectively. Or at least I’d like to think that. I’ve spent the majority of my conscious life searching for that one ‘thing’ an as far as I can tell this search will last for the rest of my lifetime. Is this a burden? Or is it something to live for?

Last edited by Nomadic Behavior on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:06 am 

The problem is...Our ignorance rules over our common sense and rationality. Constantly searching for knowledge, power, bliss, truth and freedom is what keeps ones life-force alive and well. Those are real components of a strong individual and human spirit, if you will. Constant searching for self-image, acceptance, wealth, superiority only weakens the individual. The real essence of the man.
I also completely agree with the words that someone said (I believe it was Emil) about the drive to live a more healthy, happier life is the closest one can experience to this idea or figure of God/head.

This can be seen in an example, if we use the US military as a macrocosm. Politicians go mad over resources and control, and move way too quickly into situations that they do not know about. Ignorance reigns. For instance, after 911 attacks we moved right into Afghanistan and stirred up problems with Al Queda forces. This was probably a somewhat rational move considering we were defending our country and going after that specific force that blew up our buildings and killed our civilians. When it got pushed into Iraq for absolutely no rational reason..Well, that became extremely damaging and irrational. There have been so many incorrect moves in regards to our military within the past 10 years in terms of how to react to world issues. Just now our country is beginning to pay for it with massive debts and poor representation of our people.

Al Queda only budgeted and spent 20,000 dollars on 911 attacks (the average salary of a school teacher in 2004)...Since then the US military forces have spent over 1200 billion dollars in efforts to retaliate.

We as a whole, are broke as fuck...financially, mentally and spiritually...yet people still buy designer clothes, burn money like it's a fucking game and walk around in la la land 24/7. I feel like an alien in this country when I use my rational mind and that to me is the problem.

EDIT: Sorry about my tangent on the military there. I just recently learned some info about all that and wanted to share it somehow. Heh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next