It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 am 

Yo Pamlico crew! I've recently put together a 12 song CD release of solo-material and am wanting to send it to labels it may fit with...to see if I can find help producing and distributing.
Holy Sons is a huge influence on it's sound (hence the release name Feral Kid).

So, to the point...I'm looking for a list of labels that specialize in avante-garde, noise, psychedelic rock, home recordings, etc..

Maybe it's because I've only had 1/2 a cup of joe this morning, but labels that come to mind:
Important
Bathetic

I guess I'm a bit out of the loop, hence the reason I made this. I tend to live under a rock at times. Any suggestions or websites would be great.

Thank you.
-Jake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 am 
Site Admin

DR>NEWCOMBS,,, I'm sitting by the fire tonight with sandy bulls playing and shitty champagnes flowing, after 2 slightly ill/but impressive bong hits,, ...from the outset we were always forced to self-release everything until something eventually clicked with an outside entity,,
... and there's nothing wrong with self-releasing (amazing pun involved)...but we also tried to play out a lot back then with everyone y'know,,... if Low came thru town Grails would find a way on the bill and represent as best we could... or HolySons would jump on a Danny Johnston bill in a time before the phrase 'freakfolk' had been uttered!... getting to know your local promoters is key (as you probably know,, just putting together an actual band is one of the hardest things),, but even back then there wasn't as much competition,,/// playing live was a frontier I didn't want to cross,, but older people had always told me it was what you do... and that's exactly how the machine ultimately works,, but that doesn't mean you have to give a shit about that (if you want to exist for a decade like I did in the 90's)...
labels are important for sure,, but historically we've banded together with our friends to collaborate under one wide 'label' umbrella (Partisan//Pamlico,,etc).. otherwise we met people thru playing live or sent demos out wildly just to see what would happen,, you'll have to unselfconsciously hit up every connection or every mailing address you can find (without using much discrimination) and just see who gets back,,, it might be hardly anyone,, but that doesn't mean anything in a world with no attention for anything that isn't already doing well for no particular reason... Jason Lowenstein said, when asked once about how to succeed,, 'just never stop making things and people will eventually pay attention'... ...and, unfortunately, he eventually stopped.... but I didn't! 10-4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 am 

hahahahahahaa!
oh man
it always impresses how well you can balance 'looseness' and 'wisdom'
champers and buges?!
right on brother
right on