It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 am 
Site Admin

...considering that the clues were maybe a little too revealing Eric Gaffney was probably the best guess... excellent work Mtt!... and LbXXX,, Ben Chasny is easily one of the best dudes around,, I'm going to recommend that he change his name to 'Ban' though (as yr post named him) cuz it sounds kinda Tibetan or at least more arty than Ben... ...both splits are going to be dropping next summer-ish and are about half-way done now... the new Grails record is being turned in tonight so that's taking up our focus for right now... more soon friends!... (Amy cheated!) 10-4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:18 am 

I thought of eric gaffney but deemed it unlikely after that conversation we had at the toff about your cover of level anything...and whaddya mean I cheated?!! does that mean the grails split is with polvo?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:21 pm 

Ban Ban Chasny and the Summer-ish Tibetans

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 pm 

a polvo/grails split would have the potential to be one of the best splits ever.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:45 am 

also, i'm guessing the answer is bill orcutt.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 am 

Bump... just 'cuz (edit-->) i'm am honestly unsure if these are split albums or 7ers... i am not paying attention here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

The Grails split {Black Tar 5} is being scheduled for August/Sept. to coincide with the upcoming West Coast tour,,, we shouldn't have any problem getting it cleaned up and ready for then,,, but no,, that feminine/soft rock collab idea was just an idea that occurred while we were listening to the early Fleetwood Mac's version of "Future Games" last night over and over on the ride out of Boston after too many weeds... you have to check out that song//it is an idyllic world unto itself!//....so Black Tar 5 is with another band,,, more info soon!// 10-4

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:18 pm 

gah, I've got it! it's this guy:

I searched bancamp for holy sons and his page was the only one that came up.

according to allmusic it's jay from dolorean, which makes perfect sense.

victory!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

More {un-exciting} news!... its looking like there's not going to be enough time to manufacture Black Tar 5 in time for the West Coast tour,,, pretty big bummer/// ...there is probably enough time to finish the songs,, but with the problems that occur everytime we go thru the process of fine-tuning a vinyl release,, inevitably there's always delays... its getting very hard to estimate what can still be released from our camp within the year... the manufacturing/promotion assembly-line is more brutal than ever with labels needing their records to be serious competitors in the race to be heard across endless cultural noise,,, sort of like shooting a flare over a massive ocean to be rescued off a sinking island... from a label's perspective:: if it doesn't get high enough to be seen,, then why even shoot it?? ...of course,, bands themselves are generally more worried about the record itself being finished and as good as possible,,, and more time always makes a better record///no question -- if I had to predict what will really happen,, I'd say that the next Om record will come out in around Feb.,, afterwards I'll force out a HolySons release of Warm Coals or the record of all the best unreleased songs (whichever there's more interest in),,, ...Alex and I are also slaving on a new project that combines 'Grails music' with samplers//as if Pan Sonic collaborated with Madlib... otherwise,, I've been slowly working on a soundtrack for a friend's movie and completed most of the next HolySons record which is looking to be tha best one,,, so I guess next year is the big year??//

ps//
...in addition,,, Amy,, you were much closer the first time//good try!,,, I gotta make some phone calls to check on that split actually,,, I *really wish* I could get that out this year... 10-4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next