It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:35 pm 

First vinyls I have ever purchased. I don't even have a vinyl player, but I hope to get one soon, so I may as well start at the top.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:46 pm 

just got my Redlight in the mail. Looks amazing. downloading mp3s now. thanks guys!

edit: though I would have opted for at least 192kbps, but, it'll do until I get a vinyl rip somehow. excited nonetheless

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 am 

These two lp's just arrived on my door step last night, along with a dolo/holy sons split, and a mt. fuji doomjazz double i've been waiting for from Denovali. Pretty bitchin' night for me.
Burden looks really sharp; DayQuil orange is just my kinda thing. I was a bit surprised when I unleashed Redlight; the 'opaque dark red' was more of a rocky road ice cream; just as yummy i guess. Personally, I hope Grails attempts the dark red again with another record. As always with grails records, the stickers look real classy. I was stoked to see that the mp3's had high-res album art included with the downloads.
Right out of the gate I could hear differences with these puppies. Not sure I ever was aware that there were drums used in 'lord i hate your day'. In general, i'd say the percussion and violin parts are improved, which may have to do with the range of those instruments. Certainly, there is much more dynamics between the different instruments used. I find comparing these to their original counterparts the equivalent to cleaning one's ears thoroughly.

Anyone who hasn't checked out Carl's website should point their browsers to . He has a sample of Gnostic Device on the site, demonstrating a before and after the remastering process.

Thanks again Grails.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm 

Got to check both of these out this morning. The differences are significant, especially with Burden of Hope. I find that the high frequencies are much more present, whereas in the originals, there was a muffled quality that never really bothered me... until now, that is. Overall, there's just much more presence.
I really doubt I'll ever go back to the Robotic Empire versions I have, since there is really that much of a difference. I'll never let 'em go though, they'll remain in my collection for sure. Especially the re-released combo pack!
And the new colors are great. Love the whole thing, kudos guys!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 am 

Both LP's arrived this morning. The mailman looked confused after I laughed as I read who it was adressed to: Dr. Hermann.

Thanks guys!

PS: Oh, yeah.. they sound great btw.!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:16 pm 

Got 'em! They look beautiful. I really need a vinyl player.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 am 

Wow. Just received both LPs. Burden is stunning. Unfortunately, Redlight has a really bad warp that makes the stylus hop. How do you guys handle this? Refund, etc?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:58 am 

Alex,

Just got your email. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:28 pm 

These sound incredible. Great job guys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:26 am 

Got my remastered LPs in the mail today, they look fantastic. Haven't had a chance to spin them yet though. Thanks for the ridiculously fast shipping!

I went to download the mp3s and they're 160kps!? I don't mean to be a nitpicker but 160kps mp3s sound awful! I know FLACs are large files and take up a lot of server space but 320kps mp3 would be a good option! You've gone to the trouble of having them remastered, you may as well issue them in formats that allow the sound quality to translate :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next