It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: LILACS & CHAMPAGNE
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

The Exxtra song is called "Babbling Brooke" and kicks off side 2!,,, its not labeled as a bonus track//just sequenced into the mix -- ...that song probably won't be mentioned in reviews because it doesn't show up on the official digital/CD version,, we'll see,, its a re-construction largely based on 1 sample,, probably the easiest to figure out on the whole record,,,, tell me if you figure out any of the sources-- killer//10-4!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 am 

Oh cool, I should have known, because that one is pretty easy. Don't have the CD or digital to compare it to, but the download that I got off the included card has it.
Man, as to any other sources, you got me. You guys are wizards up in that studio.
Giger, baby!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 am 

That I don't know even 99% of the sources is part of the enjoyment. I know that one day I will because the music you make, and the nuances and references, fosters some obsession. Enriching, intellectually stimulating obsession. Laso, so far the record sounds different with each listen, like a mutant shapeshifter. Fav song at the moment btw, is Listener X.

180/1000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

There's a new Italian mix here:::

...really glad you guys like Listener X... believe it or not,, that was the earliest title of the project// it took so long to sketch out a concept we could really live with... - we were a little self-conscious that by the end of the record's development that song was a bit on the 'traditional' side of things, but we built it in the image of Self-Hypnosis in a way so we felt good about the qualities it brought to the record,, we're building a series of head-nodder songs like that over time -- the shape-shifting comment is right on too,,, we work much longer on the mixes than most people would care to so that they'll last a lot longer on yr ears ...built up from an actual psychedelic point-of-view instead of merely employing 'psychedelic' tactics that are ultimately just referential or surface-oriented >>..just my opinion,,- hopefully we'll have some sort of news about what material has been developing in the next month or so ------KILLER.. 10-4!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 am 

Don't know if I'm reaching for this one, but as I was listening to "Nice Man" beginning at the ~1:30 mark, that sample stab sounded familiar..."coma whit" (or whatever) bubbled up and I tried recalling what that was from...

Ol' Dirty Bastard - Cracker Jack:

I can't tell if that is the same piano line in the back or not.

The new jams are fucking sweet. Several repetitions this weekend.

A Couple Of Questions:
Is the Bandcamp DJ Set going to be available as a download purchase?
Any hope for more live L&C jam sessions in the states?
Any hope to witness L&C at Roadburn latenight?

Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

>>I could post the DJ set up,,, I guess that gets into a question of ethics though... is it fair for me to receive a dollar for the work I put into it? -- I don't think Bandcamp allows you to sell tape-collages that include other peoples music y'know - otherwise,, I'd go thru my harddrives and see if there's any other tape-collage stuff I could put up with it y'know --- otherwise no,, L&C do not plan to tour,,, I've been trying to explain the new economic paradigm on a couple massive facebook threads recently which still haven't quite got the message across yet,,, but musicians are not really going to be able to make touring work over the next years as its just too expensive,,, briefly put,, the middle class has been destroyed in music,, just as its also being destroyed in other areas of life.. 10-4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:51 am 

I wonder if this parallels what has been talked about elsewhere as re-localization - buy local, eat local, support independent and family owned business, etc. Then again, some of us have been doing just that for the most part and those of us who haven't had much are just stuck trying to get by anyway.

Maybe the "music equivalent" of this for some would be for bands to tour more within their home state or local region, such as the West coast. For the rest of us we might get a live audio/video album/dvd of a show on occasion. Just a few thoughts... as I don't know the details of these kinds of things. Otherwise maybe teaming up with a "bigger band" for a tour would be an option, kinda like Grails did with Mono back in 2007.

p.s. where is the facebook discussion of this? I couldn't find it on the Grails/Holy Sons pages.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next