It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:51 pm 

Fuck yeah, Lavender Hour!

As far as ideas on what to talk about, I think the thing I like about duncan's podcast is that it's so free form and stream of consciousness like...I like the looseness of it, throwing in specific topics could throw the formula off. I will be sitting patiently waiting for this...

ps see you bitches in boston

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:39 pm 

Topics for the Lavender Hour:
What is your take on heavy/metal music?

Digital music that Duncan turned you on to back in the college years
Library music
Dj Shadow - Entroducing vs. Girl Talk/Pretty Lights mashups

Accessible/Popular Mind Fuck Music of the present/past

Writing/Recording/Production rituals to help D&N realize their Country & Western songs

Shamanism - LSD vs. Psilocybin vs. Ayahuasca - perceptions beyond the speakable

Recovery remedies for the fried nervous system/blown out neuron perception that can occur during psychedelic exploration

Mind Control Techniques since the mid 70's (what happened after MK Ultra?)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:10 am 

man, your idea sounds better. start your own un!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:21 pm 

i just got the day off from work for the boston show. really looking forward to it. emil, i'm in the finishing stages of printing a zine (it's gonna include our interview), i'll bring a few for you, it should be ready by then.
do you think i'll need to get tickets online for this? likely to sell out? i lived in boston a couple years ago but have never heard of this venue.
cheers.
-jake

also, if you guys need a place to crash in the city, just 'holler at me'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 am 

"deep-tissue kosmiche massagings"

fk i gotta get outta here and scope this shit in the wellmassaged flesh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:14 am 

thanks for the awesome set in Toronto Emil. I really appreciated the speedy return back here.
it was a little disappointing to me to see you play to a room full of unappreciative people, i felt very defensive. the comments about Portland were just fucking stupid, hopefully it didn't leave a lasting bad taste in your mouth.
with all that said i thought the sound system in that place really made you guys sparkle, i'd never imagined how full bodied the Holy Sons sound could get. those long winded instrumental interludes were incredibly dense!
Jay Clarke on those keys was channelling some of Richard Wright for sure, i coulda listen to him solo all night long.
Ben as always was incredibly solid, that solo you cued him for was face melting.
I'm a total sucker for Gnostic Device, every time you guys rip that it sounds so fresh, the build up to "I'm so incredibly old my friend" gave me fucking butterflies.
I wanted to stick around and say hi afterwards but I couldn't stand it in there after your set so i just booked it, also their is always that fear of sounding like a school girl crushing on Justin Beiber, you know how it is. i hope you gents had a good night after the fact and good luck on the rest of the tour, you guys deserve to be heard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:04 am 

Just went out and got my ticket. This is a Pop Montreal show, will probably be full of scenesters with free passes, so I'm really afraid Emil and gang will run into the same type of asshole/hostile crowd. Fingers crossed, but looking forward to Holy Sons, bar-band style tonight!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 am 
Site Admin

we actually didn't sense any hostilities at all!,,, that was the most fun show yet hands down,,, the sound was perfect,, I'm going to try to post 'More Therapy' cuz we've got a pretty good video of it,, Tonight is looking to be sick though,,, we're in a massive old beautiful theater... hoping it'll be the best show yet 10-4!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 pm 

ya i wouldn't say there was hostility per say, just more interest in their conversations/drinks. i just expect people to hear brilliance, stop what they are doing and take in the 4 dudes who are pounding out the truth. i mean you were putting on a fucking clinic up there and i still had to deal with dudes carrying on beside me like nothing was happening. and i didn't really understand the whole Portland thing, by your response i figured someone shouted something stupid. like i said, i was feeling pretty defensive. regardless of my opinion though i hope you guys enjoy all these big venues, its gotta be something else standing up at that mic in these places. here is to many more Best Yet shows!