Sinai
State of Non-Return
Gethsemane
Cremation Ghat I
Cremation Ghat II
Gebel Barkal
Bhima's Theme

*fuzzy recollection*

Liturgy is a pretty intense band, hadn't really listened to the guys much but the complex wall of sound that is crashing all around you is certainly staggering. the vocals ring above the chaos like a dirgey doorbell. never really articulating much but brings to mind the haunting buzz of tinnitus. not a bad thing but they're definitely writing love songs to psychedelics. Their sound is tight, and the setup he had linked to his axe was pretty interesting to watch. i'm not much for gimmicky stage sound but that dude knew what he was doing and was seen channeling something into this plain. the closer was a super doomy prog breakdown that got all the peoples attention who left for the bar 20 minutes ago. truely an artful band with an intention, a love it or hate it.

OM. alright so how do you describe watching this band perform. its as if you are allowed to participate in the ritual, at times prayers are sung out in unison from the crowd, people with heads up mouths open eyes closed sway back and forth like metronomes. The music washes over you like mana, the bass lives in you like a constant and makes you full, the cymbals demand obedience, the bedouin chants as the shaman screams. its hard to break down the setlist individually because of the nature of the music. i'm not even sure the setlist is correct. When State of Non-Return kicked in I remember the punishing awe that crushed my ribcage, or when the tick tick tick tick of Cremation Ghat started galloping out of the stables my heart fell in line. Bhima's Theme was sung out by all the worshipers at the alter, and the haunting Lazarus...Lazarus...Lazarus careened off the walls like a wayward spirit's jealousy of the living.
Every time is the best time with OM, one of the all time greats.