PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm 

thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 am 
Site Admin

STREAMING NOW:::::::::::::::::

http://www.stereogum.com/1672722/stream ... um-stream/

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:43 am 

Do record stores stock this?

I've been all over Toronto and recently a few spots in NYC.. no one seems to even know Lilacs & Champagne

I'll eventually break down and pay mexican summer more than the cost of the record in shipping to get my hands on this but just curious if your local shop knows of/stocks lilacs.. ?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:28 am 

Louisville's only record store closed back in 2011 or 2012 and every record I have purchased since then has been online. I remember they carried Deep Politics, but I don't know if L&C would have been on their radar. (I miss thumbing through records :(

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:42 pm 

Damn man, that's rough. Forgot that I am lucky enough to live where records are still sold! Just seems to me people who work at record stores should make it their job to know stuff like this exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozIcXCG7uJ8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:27 pm 

I wonder if the upcoming European tour might possibly coincide with a continuation of this series.... ??

*update to Toronto record buyers.. sonic boom is currently where it's at for all your L&C needs, as well as some Grails, Watter and even Holy Sons!

gotta love it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:23 pm 

LILACS & CHAMPAGNE SIGN TO TEMPORARY RESIDENCE
JANUARY 6, 2015
PRE-ORDER

We are ecstatic to welcome the newest addition to the Temporary Residence family, Lilacs & Champagne! The instrumental psychedelic hip-hop hybrid spent their first two alvum shining a light on the darkest corners of vintage European cinematic oddities. That path has led them here, to Midnight Features Vol. 2: Made Flesh, wherein they chart a dynamic new course that simultaneously pays tribute to and explodes the legendary beatmakers that came before. They're inching towards a masterpiece, and this is their finest work yet.

READ HERE

Lilacs and Champagne "Midnight Features Vol. 2: Made Flesh"

CATALOG NUMBER: trr251
RELEASE DATE: 16-03-2015

TRACK LISTING
1. Roses & Kisses - LISTEN HERE
2. Made Flesh
3. Longjohn's Lust
4. All The Room
5. Case Closed!
6. Playin' With Paul
7. Peril
8. Midnight Creeper II
9. Dreaded Stranger
10. Euro Blow
11. Burning Sensation
12. Wringing Hands
13. On Hold

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER! ALL ITEMS WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND MARCH 10, 2015!

Instrumental psychedelic hip-hop hybrid Lilacs & Champagne spent their first two albums shining a light on the darkest corners of vintage European cinematic oddities. Their eponymous debut album and the follow-up, Danish & Blue, were warped, psychedelic takes on damaged funk and b-movie film scores. With their palette now thoroughly smeared, coconspirators Emil Amos and Alex Hall are flirting with the makings of a masterpiece in Midnight Features Vol. 2: Made Flesh. From the mournful opening breaths of “Roses & Kisses” – a new career high point for the band – it’s obvious they are charting a dynamic new course that simultaneously pays tribute to and explodes the legendary beatmakers that came before. Midnight Features Vol. 2 skins traditional hip-hop to its bones, then builds it back up with the flesh of Eastern European private press psych records, obscure film soundtracks, indistinguishable radio broadcasts, library tapes, and who knows what else from who knows where else. The most remarkable feat of Midnight Features Vol. 2 is not the impressive array of sound sources, but how Lilacs have managed to orchestrate so many seemingly disparate genres into one cohesive future music. They execute sudden changes in mood and tone with uncanny dexterity and grace – a feat made more impressive by their newly expanded line-up that includes Jay Clarke (Ash Black Bufflo) and Zac Reno. They’ve clearly found their groove, and they’re just starting to dig in.

This vinyl-only release is strictly limited to 1,000 copies (700 Black, 300 Color)

BUY HERE

Holy Sons Acoustic & Bsides Downloads
Mixtapes